Long story short- bought a Predator Hunter 6.5CM (bottom bolt release - grrrrrr!) and it's about 3/4 through the barrel break in. Since the first round fired, there's been an intermittent issue with spent casings jamming in the receiver - it sometimes takes a LOT of force on the bolt to get the case out. That was with Win Match ammo. Ran 5 rounds of Hornady and EVERY round jammed.

Close inspection of casings (every one shot so far) revealed a scratch at the rear of the body. See attached pictures. Anyone seen this before?

I'm pretty disappointed. Brand new rifle with issues? Had I read through forums before buying a Savage, I probably would not have - seems like problems out of the box is more of a "norm" than an exception. Nevertheless, it's bought and it does shoot pretty well. Talked to Savage and they said I could have local gunsmith look at it and if it only requires a "polishing" in the chamber, or some very minor work to fix it, then my warranty is fine. Good news. Otherwise, I have to send it in and it'll be a month or more to get it back - VERY BAD news! Lol!

Just curious what others think might be causing that scratch? Burr in chamber? Front base screw protruding into chamber?