Thread: Savage 111 LRH 338 Lapua Jamming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike Vegas
    Combination of things:

- Hornady Ammo/brass as mentioned above

- Chamber needs polishing (my 110BA was returned and polished)

- Hot Loads, even Lapua cases gets the stuck case in chamber issues once in a while

DWachsmann
    so I have heard over the past year of some problem with the savage LRH as the ones mention above and a few others. So I'm going to ask has anyone heard of Remington having any issues with there 338 Lapua that they are now selling. I have seen it in a few gun store but the price is 2K, and I don't think they are coming off the shelves very fast. Also if this is loaded ammo from Hornady then Hornady should be getting notified as well. If this is handloads then I would think someone is tring to make an ALLEN Magnimum out of 338 Lapua and is creating some extremly high chamber pressures. I was on another site and someone was talking about getting 3100fps out of a 300grain bullet in the standard Lapua. Someone chimed in with all the tech knowledge and figured out the case pressure would have to be reaching about 71K to do this. I though the max on average of allot of cartrages is 62k to 63k. It was also stated Lapua brass is notorious for not showing the signs (brass damage, too much pressure) that weaker brass will show. It sounds like there are some unresolved issue going on and I was looking at possibly making a purchase on one of these but I may be waiting for a while till I find out more info.