Thread: Titanium Recoil Lug

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. I was looking to make 150 of the titanium lugs over the last several months. Unlike Dave, my intent was to see if there is a market and what price point could be achieved. I had one guy tell me he could hold .005" with his lazer and waterjets. Me and a work mate were discussing that we were not sure he could do it and a vendor who was in the room mentioned EDM. The other issue was flatness on the pieces near the edge of the sheet.

Like Dave says throw it out there and see what dialog comes back.
    Chad at LRI has been making them. I'm not sure when he started offering them but he is constantly coming up with new pet projects.

https://www.longriflesinc.com/collec...r-m700-actions

It has been so long since I spoke with Chad I don't even remember what It was about. He has educated Me and so many people about Bolt action and the way they function. Most of the shit we know came from him and the guys over at Patriot Valley. Everybody else keeps info tight. That guy will bring you into the real world for free. His CNC action truing was the stuff and ground breaking back when he introduced it.

Definitely worth the price of admission for his products. I believe the Mountain Rifle will be getting an upgrade soon.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    Chad at LRI has been making them. I'm not sure when he started offering them but he is constantly coming up with new pet projects.

https://www.longriflesinc.com/collec...r-m700-actions
    Notice there is no online choosing for which material? Just the one price of $49.99. I bet that price is for 4140 steel. It likely goes up a good bit more for Stainless, and the price is likely astronomical for Titanium. Just as the Murphy Titanium Picatinny rail. How badly I want one.. but at $234.. for a scope rail!!? Just can’t bring myself to spend that. I’m curious… may call them just to see. Anyway, this is all just fun for me. I don’t mix gun hobby and $$. Just strips the fun right out of it. Any others I make at most would only be sold for material cost.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Notice there is no online choosing for which material? Just the one price of $49.99. I bet that price is for 4140 steel. It likely goes up a good bit more for Stainless, and the price is likely astronomical for Titanium. Just as the Murphy Titanium Picatinny rail. How badly I want one.. but at $234.. for a scope rail!!? Just can’t bring myself to spend that. I’m curious… may call them just to see. Anyway, this is all just fun for me. I don’t mix gun hobby and $$. Just strips the fun right out of it. Any others I make at most would only be sold for material cost.
    Dave I would say to give LRI a call. Chads better half Kalli can answer any questions and if you call in the morning Chad might call you back around lunch time. I had him flute the bolt on my Axis when I bought it in 2017 and he has also done the one for my 700. Great pricing and quick turnaround. The guy is a class act and Marine Vet. When he got his last CNC Machine he donated his old one to the local high school.