Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Hmmm...

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Are you being sarcastic?

Are you asking if spin drift exists and if I'm drinking the Kool-Aid?

In an effort to understand what's going on, I'm comparing the results from 600 yards (which were a centered group) to 1000 yards (which were not centered). The conclusion I came to was that spin drift changed the point of impact up and to the right. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just looking for answers here.

Because this was the first time at that distance, I didn't go making adjustments every time a shot didn't land in the center. I was more interested in trying to produce a decent group than a decent score. It was a class, and not a match.

Understanding what happened, and why, are the basics of learning. There is a lot to learn in long range shooting, and this was just a start.

We did not discuss spin drift in the classroom portion of the class, and because I hadn't shot at extended distances before it had never been a factor to consider.
No, im not being sarcastic, and im also not implying you drink Cool Aid.
You seem to think that (spin drift) caused your shots to land where they did on your target.
I stated that untill very recently i had never heard that term used, and asked that you explain it since you seem to know more about it than i do.
Possibly someone else here can answer that question then, because i would really like an answer to the question.
And an accurate answer as well, because i already have my own opinion on spin drift, and lots of other things talked about today as well.
There is another term you might hear used also, but not nearly as often.
And that would be the (coralis) affect on a bullet, assuming i spelled that correctly?
Anyway it would depend upon which side of the equator you live on as to how you would go about allowing for it.
And the easiest way to know is to watch which way the water swirls when you flush your toilet.
Very important to know when you decide to shoot your Winny at say 3500 yards.
Did somebody here just ask about where these sites are going?
Well this is where folks.