View Poll Results: Which magnification range do you prefer for a general hunting scope?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.5-6x

2 6.45%
  • 2-7x

2 6.45%
  • 3-9x

4 12.90%
  • 2.5-10x

4 12.90%
  • 3-12x or 4-12x

19 61.29%
  • Fixed 4x or 6x

0 0%

Thread: Favorite General Hunting Scope Magnification Range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Favorite General Hunting Scope Magnification Range

[QUOTE=big honkin jeep;416978]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickyboyboo View Post

Prior to the VX series they were known as the Vari-X series and were numbered very similarly Vari-x1 vari-X2 Vari-X3 as the VX series is today.
    Sorry if the older folks who were around when they transitioned over got it but you didn't.
    Oh I'm quite aware of what the Vari-X scopes were, and how they transitioned over to the VX. I have several, some I've had for over 35 yrs. I like them because they are very good scopes. However as I stated before, there has never been a Vari-X III or VX-III or VX-3 to exist in a 3-9x40mm, and therefore you can not claim something is the standard by which most hunting scopes are compared to, if said scope doesn't even/never has existed.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    I'm quite fond of the Leupolds and would dare say the Vari-X/VX3 in 3-9x40 is the standard by which most other hunting scopes are judged and has been for decades.
    If you want people to understand fully what you are saying, you should say it correctly. Something like "The Vari-X/VX line of scopes by Leupold are very good, and in my opinion the basis at which modern hunting scopes are compared to and have been for decades."

Quote Originally Posted by Slickyboyboo View Post

If you want people to understand fully what you are saying, you should say it correctly. Something like "The Vari-X/VX line of scopes by Leupold are very good, and in my opinion the basis at which modern hunting scopes are compared to and have been for decades."
    Nobody likes an anal retentive jerk either, yet here you are. Anyone with half a brain knew what he was referring to with his post.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Nobody likes an anal retentive jerk either, yet here you are. Anyone with half a brain knew what he was referring to with his post.
    Nope, definitely not anal retentive, it just makes sense to be clerical when you speak.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfurious View Post
    nobody likes an anal retentive jerk either, yet here you are. Anyone with half a brain knew what he was referring to with his post.
    lol!! +1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    I was hoping someone would say something like that so I didn't have to.... Well played, Sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk