Thread: Savage Special Ordering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    The stock you want is still available from Numrich https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1366490. A Savage 111 TH barreled action would be a drop-in-fit with this stock. You would need to purchase a metal LA, DBM frame assembly, bottom cap and the metal BBR trigger guard, plus a shorter front DBM action screw (All from Savage Arms Parts). Savage also makes a cheaper plastic LA DBM frame assembly used with the Savage 111 LWH that accepts the Axis-style plastic bottom magazine that is used with the TH plastic stock.

Another option would be to purchase a Savage 114 American Classic new or used. I believe it still comes with metal bottom parts. Sell the barrel as a new/used take-off. Then purchase an ER Shaw Savage Pre-fit barrel (E Arthur Brown). They have Savage factory contour barrels in 25-06. The ER Shaw barrels are as accurate as factory barrels and are usually easier to clean-up.

Basic Member
    The stock you linked is a left handed one, but I get what you're saying though. If I went the second route, which caliber barrel would you think would be the easiest to resell? Where would be a good place to do so? I'd also need the tools to swap barrels correct?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have links to where l can find the exact bottom metal parts I would need? Or is it all on the savage website?

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    The stock you want is still available from Numrich https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1366490. A Savage 111 TH barreled action would be a drop-in-fit with this stock. You would need to purchase a metal LA, DBM frame assembly, bottom cap and the metal BBR trigger guard, plus a shorter front DBM action screw (All from Savage Arms Parts). Savage also makes a cheaper plastic LA DBM frame assembly used with the Savage 111 LWH that accepts the Axis-style plastic bottom magazine that is used with the TH plastic stock.

Another option would be to purchase a Savage 114 American Classic new or used. I believe it still comes with metal bottom parts. Sell the barrel as a new/used take-off. Then purchase an ER Shaw Savage Pre-fit barrel (E Arthur Brown). They have Savage factory contour barrels in 25-06. The ER Shaw barrels are as accurate as factory barrels and are usually easier to clean-up.
    Sorry about that. I sent you a PM on another stock that would work if you purchased a Savage 111 TH XP in .25-06. Then you won't need tools to swap out the barrel. Just swap stocks and purchase the metal bottom parts direct from Savage Arms Parts by giving them a call. You will need a LA metal DBM frame assembly, LA magazine bottom cap and BBR trigger guard and the shorter, front DBM screw.

Basic Member
    Hey sorry, I just saw that! Thank you, that'll give me another probably cheaper option!