Thread: Hornady 4DOF ballistic program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the info Stomp. It was just something I recently read and was wondering if it's really "that much better" than or current BC based app calculators... Like I said, my theoretical solutions between 4DOF and Strelok was only 2 clicks (and I haven't trued my Strelok yet)... I'd also prefer having a portable (phone app) version if I was going to use it regularly....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    Thanks for the info Stomp. It was just something I recently read and was wondering if it's really "that much better" than or current BC based app calculators... Like I said, my theoretical solutions between 4DOF and Strelok was only 2 clicks (and I haven't trued my Strelok yet)... I'd also prefer having a portable (phone app) version if I was going to use it regularly....

The Hornady 4DOF is set up best for the Hornady bullets so trying to use it for others will probably be off a little. Used with Hornady bullets it's very close as it was built around their doppler testing of their bullets. There are always going to be slight differences between any program and what you actually shoot due to conditions and also not all scopes track 100% on but if using Hornady bullets the 4DOF is an excellent choice and works well.

There is a mobile version in the works. Not sure when it will be out though.

[QUOTE=Rob01;404487There is a mobile version in the works. Not sure when it will be out though.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I plan on shooting the ELD-X so hopefully they will have that mobile version out soon. I will give it a try when they do. If for no other reason then to have 2 calculators.