Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
I shoot all winter here in SouthWestern Ontario Canada. We wear my winter hunting clothes and use hand warmers here and there, as well as ass winter cushions. Also turn the car on and run the heat to worm up once in a while.

The coldest day I remember shooting was -22c (-8 f) and with the wind was closer to -35c (-31 f). Only shot at 100 yards that day and stayed at the range less than 4 hours. Many country roads were closed that day but when my finger is itching very little can stop me from getting to the range.

Winter of 2014/2015 we had to use snowshoes to make it out to 300 meters.

Last winter wasn't that bad. Coldest day I went to the range was -16c (3 f) and with the wind was -25 (-13 f). It was blowing snow bad that day and the only reason why I went is because my buddy wanted to try his new M305 (Norinco M14) and he was driving a highly modified JEEP that could go through anything !

I like shooting in the cold. Don't have to worry about overheating the barrel ! and end up shooting more rounds in the winter than summer.

Here is a few pics of that -16 day last winter

Fella in the army camo is my buddy with the Jeep and the other dude in the realtree camo is my brother.

BTW.. The shooting tables are under a roof. That's snow blowing at us head on.

Meanwhile, the (smart) half of the Canadiens come to Florida and fish all winter.
Maybe even a higher percentage of Canuks. lol