Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Only speaking for myself, here...

I like FFP scopes for certain applications, not all. I am only trying to explain what they and mil/mil or moa/moa scopes are and how they are used.

Honestly, I have no actual experience in long range shooting! I am sure a trip down there would be rewarding and fun.
Maybe some day.
Well try to understand that knowing what the differences are, and the reasons some might prefer them, isn't the issue and whats lacking here.
Whats lacking is simply first hand knowledge of what a shooter, ( especially a hunter), actually requires to make a shot at long distances.
I actually have 50+ years experience doing it, and im saying it aint much. Especially as to scope and reticle type and the list could go on.
Ive offered up a challenge for those interested enough to come prove me right or wrong at our very nice camp where we can shoot from a lawn out to several miles. But I'm not really expecting any takers.
And for what its worth I'm not angry Darkker (fixed it), i don't get angry over things this trivial, especially when i know i'm right.
If you don't know i'm right that's your problem. lol