Thread: Savage 10ba 6.5CM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    I will say this. I stumbled across my 10ba CM while I was shopping for the rpr. It was and still is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot out of the box. Sure my plan is to upgrade it a bit but it's more for fun and curiosity. I've kept track on the hide and it seems like the only two things on the rpr that they are keeping factory are the trigger (most times) and some of the receiver. With all the upgrading generally going on, you could have more easily just bought a custom since what they are left with resembles the rpr very little. I think my savage barrel/chamber is fine the way it is. I wouldn't dream of changing that out till I shoot it out. With a .4 ish moa why would I jack with that? With the rpr sounds like they are paying a grand for a chassis and slowly building a rifle in it but getting to shoot along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post
    I will say this. I stumbled across my 10ba CM while I was shopping for the rpr. It was and still is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot out of the box. Sure my plan is to upgrade it a bit but it's more for fun and curiosity. I've kept track on the hide and it seems like the only two things on the rpr that they are keeping factory are the trigger (most times) and some of the receiver. With all the upgrading generally going on, you could have more easily just bought a custom since what they are left with resembles the rpr very little. I think my savage barrel/chamber is fine the way it is. I wouldn't dream of changing that out till I shoot it out. With a .4 ish moa why would I jack with that? With the rpr sounds like they are paying a grand for a chassis and slowly building a rifle in it but getting to shoot along the way.
    I have a question....is the butt stock on a AR type buffer tube....could an A2 tube be used so that a Magpul PRS butt stock could be installed ??
    Thanks
    [B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]

Team Savage
    I am almost certain it can. To use the prs you have to screw on an adapter that is the internal shape of the prs butstock. The buffer tube with out a spring of course is just a method of mounting a six position but stock. Personally the PRS is great. I have it on all my long range stuff, even my AR10 that is set up as a sass.