Thread: Savage Hog Hunter in 308

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the Hog Hunter in .308. As you have discovered, the bolt gets smoother with use. I put the B&C Medalist/Varmint stock on mine along with a Nikon M-308 4-16x42 scope on it. Rear sight interferes with flip up lens caps. The stock is heavy. My rifle now weighs 12 pounds, and it helps to soak up some of the recoil. Enough that I’ve decided not to put a muzzle brake on it. This is a target rifle, so I welcome the weight. Mine came with the trigger adjusted to a constant 3 lbs 6 oz and I doubt I’ll touch the adjustment.

I’ve been using Hornady 168 grain A-Max bullets and IMR 4895 and am pleased with my results. 3/4 inch at 100 yards from someone who flinches alot.

The site the photo is hosted on is having problems, but it should post eventually.

Gary...Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
    I have the Hog Hunter in .308. As you have discovered, the bolt gets smoother with use. I put the B&C Medalist/Varmint stock on mine along with a Nikon M-308 4-16x42 scope on it. Rear sight interferes with flip up lens caps. The stock is heavy. My rifle now weighs 12 pounds, and it helps to soak up some of the recoil. Enough that I’ve decided not to put a muzzle brake on it. This is a target rifle, so I welcome the weight. Mine came with the trigger adjusted to a constant 3 lbs 6 oz and I doubt I’ll touch the adjustment.

I’ve been using Hornady 168 grain A-Max bullets and IMR 4895 and am pleased with my results. 3/4 inch at 100 yards from someone who flinches alot.

The site the photo is hosted on is having problems, but it should post eventually.

man that is a sweet gun. Im going with a Hog in .223 with the B&C full adjustable stock.

acj7382
    I have decided to go with a Boyd's Laminate depending on how it does when I get to the 800 yard range. So far just 178 Amax at a hundred but I couldn't be happier. The muzzle brake has made it shoot like a 243. Not snappy. Just shoots great.