Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Are you new to guns? Sounds like it. Your scope rings are on backwards too.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Your scope rings are on backwards too.
    That's a matter of opinion, several scope ring manufacturers show their quick detachable rings on their websites installed the same direction as the OP.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Twinsen
    Some rings have a bar that is machined true on one side. You slap that side against the front of a slot in the rail. These don't have any directionality that I saw.

Neoloki
    Thank you for the additional pictures Twin! I love my Savage rifles, but they really need to get a handle on model numbers!! very very confusing and hard to get what you want without being an expert on the Savage catalog.

-Neo
    Last edited by Neoloki; 01-14-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo Fix

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoloki View Post
    Thank you for the additional pictures Twin! I love my Savage rifles, but they really need to get a handle on model numbers!! very very confusing and hard to get what you want without being an expert on the Savage catalog.

-Neo
    That's a FACT!

And, it's intentional. They make good shooters, for sure, but they do everything possible to make them sound like they are more than they are in certain regards. They like to put crappy parts on otherwise good rifles and make it sound like you're really getting something (like their danged Trophy Hunters with their Axis mags and xp packages with dumpy scopes.) I'd say the Nikon 3-9's are a lot better than the junk they used to put on them, but they still corner you into paying $50-100 for a $40 scope. If you read their product descriptions online there's no distinction made between various features like detachable box magazines. One DBM is as good as another, I guess. Oh well, they are what they are.