A few of years back and maybe more there was a very indepth article in the precision shooter about bore cleaning.
First off it stated the only way to determine the effects of bore cleaning was to use a bore scope. And it also said most
owning bore scopes didnt know what they were looking at. Just repeating, not saying lol.
Anyway the test took 2 years due to the number of products plus the new ones coming along during the test.
It talked about the cause of fouling and related it to 2 major causes. One being copper and the other carbon.
Both can affect accuracy of coarse. It went on to specifically name various well known cleaning products.
In conclusion it point blank stated that (ALL) the products tested were essentially useless for the intended purpose
including the very strong smelling ones like Sweets. Except two products, which are Bore Tec eliminator for removing
copper, and Slip 2000 for removing carbon. Now its entirly possible that since that article there have been others that
have been brought to market. I was told by Bruce Baer just a few weeks back that he prefers Wipeout over Bore Tec eliminator
for both copper and carbon. I had never even heard about Wipeout but i will probably try it.