Thread: Winchester brass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Might just be a bad lot.
    I use win 243 brass for my 260, primer pocket still going strong after 8 loadings with not one case needing to be culled.
    The nosler 260 brass I bought had primer pocket loose enough to cull cases after the first loading and all were done at 5 loadings.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    Might just be a bad lot.
    I use win 243 brass for my 260, primer pocket still going strong after 8 loadings with not one case needing to be culled.
    The nosler 260 brass I bought had primer pocket loose enough to cull cases after the first loading and all were done at 5 loadings.
    Well maybe your right on that! Hopefully the next batch I got coming will hold up better.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    Might just be a bad lot.
    I had the same trouble with Nosler a few years ago, I'm still mad about it. Winchester primers seem smaller to me, I've never measured them but, a cci will fit snug in the same case a winchester will almost fall into. I use cci and wolf.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justdave View Post
    I had the same trouble with Nosler a few years ago, I'm still mad about it. Winchester primers seem smaller to me, I've never measured them but, a cci will fit snug in the same case a winchester will almost fall into. I use cci and wolf.
    I honestly haven't tried the cci primers yet. I only have 100 of them. Not sure how hard they are to get a hold of around here but would be worth looking into and I have some to try to see if it's worth spending the cash. I have some federal primers too. Maybe 2 or 300? What are they like? I haven't tried them yet either. Bought them and the cci's off a guy who was getting out of reloading a while ago.