Thread: Chronograph

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you really want to get down to the natts a** and shoot at "whatever" distance using "tactics". You need ballsitic calculators to give you drop of your specific rd. You need a chrono to see what your speed of the rd that you,ve developed thru your own load testing (ladder test)or any given factory ammo that you see as being consistant and accurate... to input into ballistic calculators, then you need a range finder to be factual on the distance,s you choose to shoot at.
    If you wanna guess at any of the things Ive mention,d then i hope you have deep pockets because your gonna be tossing rds out like crazy and not hitting your objective.
    I too frowned on "certain" tools needed for "tactical shooting"...but once i purchased my Savage and found out that I could effectively hit a 6"x8" steel plate at 10 football fields away 1st shoot using "Tactics"?......... Ill gladly eat that humble pie.
    Its fun,additcive, and challenging.
    REading the wind is a whole different story.
    IMO............you get what you put into it. all the input needed for correct ballistic calculations has to be "exact"
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    If you really want to get down to the natts a** and shoot at "whatever" distance using "tactics". You need ballsitic calculators to give you drop of your specific rd. You need a chrono to see what your speed of the rd that you,ve developed thru your own load testing (ladder test)or any given factory ammo that you see as being consistant and accurate... to input into ballistic calculators, then you need a range finder to be factual on the distance,s you choose to shoot at.
    If you wanna guess at any of the things Ive mention,d then i hope you have deep pockets because your gonna be tossing rds out like crazy and not hitting your objective.
    I too frowned on "certain" tools needed for "tactical shooting"...but once i purchased my Savage and found out that I could effectively hit a 6"x8" steel plate at 10 football fields away 1st shoot using "Tactics"?......... Ill gladly eat that humble pie.
    Its fun,additcive, and challenging.
    REading the wind is a whole different story.
    IMO............you get what you put into it. all the input needed for correct ballistic calculations has to be "exact"
    +1....