Thread: Need help on picking scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    Burris E1
    Got the E one and have several Nikon Monarchs. Both are good choices. If you get the Monarch, I recommend you do not get the BDC reticle. It is a good idea but the reticle is just plain too heavy to practically use at longer ranges. My favorite is the mildot or the nikoplex. I also have new and old Monarchs. If you can find an older Monarch without the side focus, the glass is noticably better and is worth every penny.
    The E1 has a super reticle and great glass but I do wish it went full distance across the glass. This is my favorite AR scope.

emtrescue6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpig View Post
    Got the E one and have several Nikon Monarchs. Both are good choices. If you get the Monarch, I recommend you do not get the BDC reticle. It is a good idea but the reticle is just plain too heavy to practically use at longer ranges. My favorite is the mildot or the nikoplex. I also have new and old Monarchs. If you can find an older Monarch without the side focus, the glass is noticably better and is worth every penny.
    The E1 has a super reticle and great glass but I do wish it went full distance across the glass. This is my favorite AR scope.
    I agree with the point of staying away from the BDC reticle...my Nikon's are all the Nikoplex and I really like them. I have those with and without the side focus, but really haven't seen much difference in the clarity of the glass...but my eyes aren't 100% either! hahaha