Thread: Looking to take my first deer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    This is how I do it as well. Not sure where you live but here in Az I hunt the small coues deer. I cut the meat off the bones right there on the mountain throw the meat in some cheap pillow cases wrap them up and throw them in the back pack and head down. Never mess with gutting them out. I'm sure your deer are much bigger than ours though and won't fit in a pack.
    Wow you guy's are leaving the fish (under side loins) you have to field dress to get them out there the best cut of meat on a deer.:) Seriously thermaler just do it, You really can't screw it up too bad, Nothing that can't be washed up or fixed buy the butcher. Good luck!!!
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sniper15545 View Post
    Wow you guy's are leaving the fish (under side loins) you have to field dress to get them out there the best cut of meat on a deer.:) Seriously thermaler just do it, You really can't screw it up too bad, Nothing that can't be washed up or fixed buy the butcher. Good luck!!!
    Oh--I've already decided to toss caution to the wind and just go for it--all I have to do now is actually bag a deer. I've been out 4 times now, and only when on approach to my intended site have I seen deer (running away). At times I've been pretty far in--having bush-whacked in a couple of miles over pretty steep terrain and it occured to me that I might have a heck of a time dragging something out in the event I got lucky : ) Stay tuned--most things I start anew turn out to be epics and I'm sure this will be a stellar one LOL.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]