Thread: Hi All, And New (to me) 110

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    I made that 600 yd hit with a Buckmaster on 18X and it was convincing, not entirely ethical shooting I agree but we were culling ferals and any that were wounded were quickly dispatched by the 338LM to my right or we zapped over on the Quads and the .223 was used at close range.

Having said that, a Sightron III has just been purchased so I can see clearly where I am shooting (Missing) and place the shots with more confidence.

260 you say?.... should just be enough for squirrels. I'd limit myself to under 100yds... they can be tough little suckers..
    ROFLMAO! Who was it said "Bring enough gun.." ? Didn't mean anything disparaging about your 600 yard shot. Not at all! My experience in riflery is US Army M-16 qualification, 300 yards open sights, shooting a FULL sized hit-reactive silhouette. Not exactly precision shooting. I did qualify "expert" but I'm a realist- there are some excellent shots on this board and aforementioned YouTube star. My buddy- name is Kedron BTW- shoots regularly 600 to 800 yards in his competitions and does very well. I am doing sub MOA at 100 yards with the .17 HMR, and sub MOA at 50 yards with the .22LR BUT that's "next door" compared to 400 + yard shooters.

In anything do, I try to learn all I can and do my best. This is gonna be a great thing for me. I have had serious "health related" (me-related) problems over the past six years and the good Lord saw fit to allow me a second chance. I always "Go for it" when trying to do things..now I "go for it" with a vengeance.

Seriously, all that I know I've learned from Kedron and THE GUYS ON THIS SITE! I've got a Loooong way to go and for me, the fun is in the journey.

Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    ROFLMAO! Who was it said "Bring enough gun.." ? Didn't mean anything disparaging about your 600 yard shot.
    I know! It's all good, think I was thinking aloud!

I reckon you're gonna be having some fun and getting yourself hooked a little on these darn things... Doesn't take much before you want longer shots.. someone said that to me and I laughed at him... *Blushes* ..

Mentioning youtube check out Doc watson .. he has some great vids on long range culling, he is one of the Guys I shoot with and he really knows his stuff... Currently showing how a stock rifle can shoot with decent handloads..

Thanks for the Doc. Watson tip. I love watching these guys- often learn stuff too! Yeah- I have no doubt that this Savage thing will become another obsession...
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!