Thread: Second outing with the 25-45 Bullberry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    Very nice, I am waiting for my range to dry up... open open open this coming week it will dry enough but the next week more rain sad face. I need to shoot my 25-35 and 257 JDJ, good thing the 25-45 is not rimmed

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    Very nice, I am waiting for my range to dry up... open open open this coming week it will dry enough but the next week more rain sad face. I need to shoot my 25-35 and 257 JDJ, good thing the 25-45 is not rimmed
    I'd like it a lot better if it was rimmed but the availability (at least in theory) of factory ammo, properly headstamped brass and cheap dies make it a good choice for me. I got used to shooting 223 and various TCUs in the Contender so I just cuss a little when I have to wrestle some of the fired cases out. :) Same with my 6.8 SPC. I really liked that long, rimmed version that could use 30-30 brass, even if it was a little limited on pressure.

This 25-45 barrel is one of the good ones, for sure. It seems to be perfectly capable of one-hole 100 yard groups so I really have to up my game to be equal to its potential. :) I've got my Leupy 2.3-8X scope on it but I sort of wish I'd set it up with my Burris 3-12X so I see better to shot at 200 yards and beyond. If I get much of an itch with it, I'll convert it to carbine (I's 16 1/4") and put a higher power scope on it just to see what it'll do. :)

New Member Steve The Chimney Sweep's Avatar
    It would be nice if Starline made 357 max Basic brass, say about 1.95-2.0 long. That way we could make all the TCU cartridges and some of the other wildcats based off the .204 Ruger/222 Rem mag case with a rim. While I am wishing out loud, how about Rimmed 6.8 spc basic srp for the Herrett's etc.... If one of the SP boutique shops like say Haus of Arms were to run with this then we could have a supply of great rimmed brass to work with for the single shot fire arms. I asked Starline about this and was told that it would be a 100,000 lot minimum.

I know that a lot of folks say a rim in not needed, but hunting up north we have snow and cold weather so wearing gloves is necessary and the rim makes it easier.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve The Chimney Sweep View Post
    It would be nice if Starline made 357 max Basic brass, say about 1.95-2.0 long. That way we could make all the TCU cartridges and some of the other wildcats based off the .204 Ruger/222 Rem mag case with a rim. While I am wishing out loud, how about Rimmed 6.8 spc basic srp for the Herrett's etc.... If one of the SP boutique shops like say Haus of Arms were to run with this then we could have a supply of great rimmed brass to work with for the single shot fire arms. I asked Starline about this and was told that it would be a 100,000 lot minimum.

I know that a lot of folks say a rim in not needed, but hunting up north we have snow and cold weather so wearing gloves is necessary and the rim makes it easier.

Steve
    I'm right there with you on the rimmed cases Steve. I'm in a pretty serious mood for a .270 Max of some sort and a little stretch wouldn't hurt anything.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    I would probably take 2000-4000 pc like I need another project, I have been slowly selling off the TCU and GNR cases I made from 223 Basic so I have room ! LOL That little bit of extra brass is quite nice to work with