Thread: SSK-50 update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree with BT.

I don't get the whole "piling on" thing. Not helpful to anyone, especially SSK.

If you want a refund, ask for a refund already and stop moaning about it every month or so.

I'm sure all the pre-order money together is not a drop in the bucket compared to what it has cost so far in their attempt to get this going. I still hope for the best for SSK, and I will absolutely buy at least one when they are available, but I'm waiting to see them out in the wild first. Some folks preordered, and that's great. But they had to have walked into that agreement with their eyes open. If it's a problem for an individual customer, get a refund. Else, let it go already. You are not helping anyone.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    This has been a interesting saga.
    Someone out there knows the real story and I would like to hear it. If I had to take a W. A. guess and looking at the smoke signals above Ohio my guess is S&W arched their back about something. Greg Ritz and a buddy at S&W bought TC with the sole intention of raiding it and kick all the dedicated employees to the curb. Barrel making equipment is a BS story.

This thing reminds me of the windmill company in Nebraska that Warren Buffet bought. He bought it with the sole intention of raiding it and throwing the dedicated hard working employees with their families out with the trash.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
    I agree with BT.

I don't get the whole "piling on" thing. Not helpful to anyone, especially SSK.

If you want a refund, ask for a refund already and stop moaning about it every month or so.

I'm sure all the pre-order money together is not a drop in the bucket compared to what it has cost so far in their attempt to get this going. I still hope for the best for SSK, and I will absolutely buy at least one when they are available, but I'm waiting to see them out in the wild first. Some folks preordered, and that's great. But they had to have walked into that agreement with their eyes open. If it's a problem for an individual customer, get a refund. Else, let it go already. You are not helping anyone.
    Maybe SSK should come forward and tell the public the real reason for the hold up. This is NOT the same SSK as when JD Jones owned it.

Elio motors run a similar program. 100million later, not a single car was sold.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julesk View Post
    Maybe SSK should come forward and tell the public the real reason for the hold up. This is NOT the same SSK as when JD Jones owned it.
    Yep!

Basic Member
    Looks like some of the frames have started to ship.

Yep! Bout 3 people testing some that say they are great.

My son-in-law was contacted today by Marty and his should ship today. IF he understood Marty correctly the NEW price (After folks on the list) will be $395 for either flat side or engraved Has anyone else been told this price?

Sounds GOOD
    Doug
    Enjoy Life but remember we are only practicing for something Better.

That is fantastic news!

I'm good for at least 2 at that price.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Congrats to you guys on the list for your patience. If $395 is the new price point, that is good price point. Maybe this will also take the pressure off of the used contender frame market.