Thread: Oryx CAN be milled out to accept 3.85 CIP Magazine. Its beautiful 110FCP 300PRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Have a new MDT ORYX build going on myself presently. This one will be more then
    a cool factor, and for UBR bench work. As for magazine mods, it will be only to add
    a center block so I can use the center screw on a PTA. Somewhere in these forums
    I have an old MDT HS3 build. It won me a few match's, but a consistant 1/3rd MOA
    lost me some. Have to have it tuned for 1/4 or less. I think this one I'll shoulder up
    a Hart with my 284-ELF. Having Protekor do another bag. Seems every build needs
    it's own rear sleigh....
    im assuming you are talking about the savage target action, single shot with the 3 action screws? If so how much is gained buy the use of that center screw? Pretty sure the FCP/BA action (like on my rifle) is the same action BUT with the bottom milled out for the magazine. It is cut to ONLY work with AICS magazines. No way could this action function with a OEM savage magazine.

Had to look thru my photos. Didn't get a photo of the magazine cut out but here is one showing pretty much just the action

Quote Originally Posted by nathantc View Post
    im assuming you are talking about the savage target action, single shot with the 3 action screws? If so how much is gained buy the use of that center screw?

Yeah, pretty much intended to make it as stiff and integral as possible for bench work. That front screw on
    Savage actions does not have a lot of thread depth, so anything to help with recoil deflection and harmonics,
    transfered thru the stock, helps. I'll also do a slight skim bedding of the v-block and that includes the lug.
    And I mean slight. Just about 2 drops of Devcon slurry is all that needed.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Still waiting on the 1000 meter/yard 5 shot target.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Still waiting on the 1000 meter/yard 5 shot target.
    Me too lol.
    its a slow process getting everything how i want it, fitting everything to me. That said the craptasitc wheeler rings are off, and the warne skyline mount is on and mocked up (waiting on a 34mm bubble level) This time i took the time to be sure the cheek rest, and scope placement fits the eye box for me spot on. The crappy wheeler rings were not only poorly made but just slightly to short to get comfortable behind the glass. The skyline is not much taller but enough so that things feel natural. Almost time to get her zeroed and see if i'll love, or hate the Strike Eagle. Wish i was rich and could just get my the MK5HD i want right now. But this, i hope will due for now. Been reading a LOT of bad about the Strike Eagle after buying it. Things i didn't see when looking into it beforehand, so i'm hoping this one is not a dud and will last while i add more funds to my firearms spending account lol

Over cast and kinda crappy outside. Just enough gap in the rain to set up the scope for standing, sitting and prone on the trailer. The hurricane is going to miss me, but the weather is not. So i didn't try that hard to make my crappy phone take a good photo.

The Strike Eagle has had it's up' and downs, The higher end magnification has been phased out.
    And they are made in China. With a street value of around $ 350, Your not doing yourself a favor.
    Seems to me you put some pride into this rifle. Not really sure about your barrel but too many
    shooters put time and money into a good build and cheat themselves on glass.

By the way.....What barrel is that ??
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post

By the way.....What barrel is that ??
    barreled action is OEM. This was the starting rifle savage 22088