So, same result with a different barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Inspect the face of the action. Take a fine flat(new) hone and lightly hone in circles to see if there is any proud metal on the face of the action. The proud metal should show itself very quickly. Concentrate light pressure there until you see contact across the face then stop. A factory recoil lug is junk and should be replaced with a precision one.

If you inspect the action on the outside diameter near the action face you will sometimes see a dent from the straightening process this often pushes or flows metal to the face causing the barrel to go off axis.
I don't have the tools at hand to do this, but I do have a buddy with a lathe and the skills to do receivers. I'll probably have him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
It's fairly common with Savage.

THe look is troublesome, I have not noticed a difference in accuracy with hunting rifles that do this and those that don't.
You can literally hold the gun up and see the barrel is canted out of the receiver. It looks troublesome to say the least. Accuracy is consistency, so you shouldn't notice accuracy issues. What you will notice at 5-600 yards+ is that you will run out of windage adjustment in one direction.

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
To have a barrel rake off at a 15 degree angle or metal sticking up?

And if it helps, I am impressed with the LW barrel I have.

They were the ones that offered the most direct route to getting a 7.5 Swiss build, it shot 5/8 group on the first go (I happened to hit a good spot). Its also shooting a variety of other bullets well.

Inside finish is very good and cleans up nicely.

While their Savage pre fits are not wide spread caliber wise, they are very nicely priced.
It's a nice barrel for sure! I'm just pissed I can't go shoot it right now until I get this solved.