Thread: Need Better Bipod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I trust Harris is top quality and that every body swears by them. I just want a heavier positive locking bipod. The Harris is light and utilizes springs. Atlas is par for my course but the GG&G is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. The price is just high...

Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
    I trust Harris is top quality and that every body swears by them. I just want a heavier positive locking bipod. The Harris is light and utilizes springs. Atlas is par for my course but the GG&G is more along the lines of what I'm looking for...
    Have you shot with a Harris? A real one, not a knock-off?

Mine is steel, and it doesn't seem light or flimsy to me. With the mounting nut cranked down 1/4 or 1/2 turn past hand-tight, mine doesn't wobble at all. The springs are only there to hold the legs in the "up" position.

Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
    Soo, I have decided that the best option for me would be the GG&G XDS Heavy Duty 8-10.5"... However, Ima gonna make one out of my scrap steel, welder and grinders I'll post a pick when I get her done. The wife is super happy about this decision lol
    To each his own...

Two thoughts:

1. Having to turn knobs to tighten the leg extensions is bull****. The Harris "notched" leg extension system is waaaay better, IMHO. If you're making your own, you should go that route.

2. I can't wait to hear what your effective "hourly rate" is once you're done with this: The price of a GG&G divided by how many hours it takes you to replicate one!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    2. I can't wait to hear what your effective "hourly rate" is once you're done with this: The price of a GG&G divided by how many hours it takes you to replicate one!
    Its all for fun I'm not worried about that. I have a champion and Harris. The shorter spring bipods are better but not locking in the down position is my turnoff. Getting into position on the 300wm and firing, resetting, firing, etc, I really want the locking legs. for now my champion works fine. Besides the packaging, the champion 6" looks, feels and acts just like the Harris. The longer champion I have seems a little less robust... Harris is on my SIG SSG and she'll prolly stay there.