Thread: 17 Hornady Hornet brass???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    For those interested I received notification that MidwayUSA has more Hornady 17H cases as of today.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

JLShipley
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    For those interested I received notification that MidwayUSA has more Hornady 17H cases as of today.
    I know they have .17 Hornet ammo, or are you saying Reload Brass? I order 100 rounds, it will be interesting if the Primers are Stacked....Will let you know.
    JS

Basic Member
    Yes I meant virgin reloading brass cases but never mind they are out of stock again.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

leo158
    Yes I meant virgin reloading brass cases but never mind they are out of stock again.
    You think hoarders or profiters buying all that up so fast? Did they sale that many 17 hh rifles that the ammo and brass goes that fast. I doubt it. I bought a case of 17 hh ammo. Sent gun to ruger,ruger after 6 weeks looked at it,said nothing wrong and their tech department called hornady and they ruger told me that hornady told them it was an issue with their ammo. My primers was backing out after shot. This is new factory ammo. My lot number is 3120784

JLShipley

When did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by leo158 View Post
    You think hoarders or profiters buying all that up so fast? Did they sale that many 17 hh rifles that the ammo and brass goes that fast. I doubt it. I bought a case of 17 hh ammo. Sent gun to ruger,ruger after 6 weeks looked at it,said nothing wrong and their tech department called hornady and they ruger told me that hornady told them it was an issue with their ammo. My primers was backing out after shot. This is new factory ammo. My lot number is 3120784
    When did you buy your case?, prior to 6-1, if so you might of got ahold of old stock, new production, primers are being stacked.....per Hornady, until case problem is resolved. New Cases should be ready in August. That at least what I have been told.
    Jim
    Last edited by JLShipley; 07-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.