Thread: Bolt is sticking like you would not believe.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DreamTheater
    Nandy, that is EXACTLY what happens to my gun and exactly what I have to do to open it. Thank you for showing me this. Like I said, tomorrow I will go shoot some very nice ammo and see what happens.

To handirifle, that is utterly unfair of you to suggest that. Ever heard the saying "you attract more flies with honey than vinegar?" Only a true fool calls into a place all pissed off and expecting any help and I most certainly did not. I opened with the fact that my overall family owns a number of savages, though most of them old, that I did a staggering amount of research as to which bolt action rifle I should get under $1000 and that I was so very, very pleased to purchase a savage. I complimented how there gun shoots, etc. Never once did I say anything rude or level any accusations. I explained my situation and asked for help. The first lady said this:

1. What is the serial number on your gun? (I didnt have it). Then she said, "well, I'VE never heard of this kind of problem so it is probably something you are doing. What kind of ammo are you shooting?" I told her "well...a factory load should cause you no problems. I guess you'll have to send it in." That is -it-. Now look, I dont expect to be blown by the people I interact with. But look, there was never a "sorry to hear about your problem" or "we'll make sure it gets fixed" or "here is how we can help you best". I dont mind what she said but there should have been some degree of customer care there. It is not like I am picking up $10 toy, I have a $700 gun - not a thing to brag about but sufficient that I should at least be treated with respect.

2. The second time I called apparently they routed me to a mentally deficient employee. I had the serial number but he couldnt tell me if it was still under warrant. ok, fine. How do I send it in says I. "Uh...I'm not sure. I know you take it to UPS". Okay....that makes sense. What do I ship it in? If it gets damaged or stolen that would be on me, right? "uh...well. you could put it in a box." Me: .... Uh....ok...ay. What about a gun case? That would protect the gun. "I guess you could do that". And that was the end of that. Again, NEVER a word of "sorry to hear that", etc.

If anyone thinks this is -good- customer relations, then please, become a customer of mine. I know I can get away with anything. Is it enough that I ran to a corner and cried about it? No, not really. I'm just disappointed. But IF, after I fire quality ammo through this gun, i find that it still jams - I'm done. I dont say this to be cute and I know that there is a level, albeit a small one, of disrespect in coming to a Savage forum and saying all this - but I dont think a single one of us hasnt had some experience in their life like it. And it was probably enough to break trust with the brand.

Assuredly, I want to love this gun. My god it is accurate. The trigger is so sweet. And if it was the ammo that was wrong - that is ALL on me. You dont put 85 octane in a Ferrari and expect it to go right, you dont put crap in a precision rifle like my Savage and expect good things either.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post

I'm just disappointed. But IF, after I fire quality ammo through this gun, i find that it still jams - I'm done. I dont say this to be cute and I know that there is a level, albeit a small one, of disrespect in coming to a Savage forum and saying all this - but I dont think a single one of us hasnt had some experience in their life like it. And it was probably enough to break trust with the brand.
    Ok, I stopped back against my better judgement, but .....

Your not the first to experience this issue and I'm pretty sure you won't be the last! Trust me , I'm 100% on your side! It isn't my first parade with primary extraction issues, Savage or those other "Off Brands"!

My suggestion, contact Joe DeGrande (jdegrande@savagearms.com) and POLITELY explain the problem your having. Just tell him your action has a primary extraction issue, the lack of it and/or it's timing. My best guess he'll have you send the rifle back to be checked and the PE corrected.

BTW, where are you located? If your any where near the Lancaster-Harrisburg Pa area I'll be more than happy to check the rifle for you.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
    Ok, I stopped back against my better judgement, but .....

Your not the first to experience this issue and I'm pretty sure you won't be the last! Trust me , I'm 100% on your side! It isn't my first parade with primary extraction issues, Savage or those other "Off Brands"!

My suggestion, contact Joe DeGrande (jdegrande@savagearms.com) and POLITELY explain the problem your having. Just tell him your action has a primary extraction issue, the lack of it and/or it's timing. My best guess he'll have you send the rifle back to be checked and the PE corrected.

BTW, where are you located? If your any where near the Lancaster-Harrisburg Pa area I'll be more than happy to check the rifle for you.

Bill
    Bill,

It is nice to see you come back to help those here on the forum.

The forum has changed quite a bit in the last few years, but I remember the time you took out of your day to be helpful to others.

Glad to see a familiar face back.