Thread: $100 CABELAS gift card for $80...Ebay..Huh????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    Actually this can happen. It goes like this:
    Thief steals credit card info. He purchases gift cards. He sells gift cards for cash and has effectively laundered the cash. Credit card owners find fraudulent charges and dispute them. Issuing bank reverses purchases made with stolen card. Retailer looses money for gift cards and revokes them and/or goes after whoever redeemed them.

Moral is that you have to check the references of the seller. SVM is GTG... They have over 150,000 customer ratings at 99%+ approval.
    I guess I understand. I have had my credit card # stolen in the past. I know one time they bought Kohl's gift cards. So, probably the scenario as you described.

I have bought many, all from SVM gift cards. I have a coworker who does not believe it is legit though, even though he knows I have bought multiple Savage rifles with them.

Interestingly, he is trying to convince me to buy the Cabela's 40th Anniversary Bass Tracker they are selling for $9,995. I said I would, but only with $100 Cabela's gift cards. Counting tax, I think I only need 108 of them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I guess I understand. I have had my credit card # stolen in the past. I know one time they bought Kohl's gift cards. So, probably the scenario as you described.

I have bought many, all from SVM gift cards. I have a coworker who does not believe it is legit though, even though he knows I have bought multiple Savage rifles with them.

Interestingly, he is trying to convince me to buy the Cabela's 40th Anniversary Bass Tracker they are selling for $9,995. I said I would, but only with $100 Cabela's gift cards. Counting tax, I think I only need 108 of them.
    Hey i was just looking at that boat today at Bass Pro in Palm Bay, a really nice package, especially if you could get one for 108 gift cards.