Thread: Going old-school...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Duuno if its bad luck, but seems like every time i start liking something, it gets canned.

always had pretty good luck with acccubonds, but with the current price tag on them...(and nosler in general)...i've kind of moved away from them.

Having migrated to milder cartridges at more speeds, have seen no real issues with most of the cup & core traditional bullets, and i have quite a few barrels that like various speer flat based bullets a lot.

really hoping that the sale of speer as a company doesnt mess things up!

Quote Originally Posted by FyrepowrX View Post
    Duuno if its bad luck, but seems like every time i start liking something, it gets canned.

always had pretty good luck with acccubonds, but with the current price tag on them...(and nosler in general)...i've kind of moved away from them.

Having migrated to milder cartridges at more speeds, have seen no real issues with most of the cup & core traditional bullets, and i have quite a few barrels that like various speer flat based bullets a lot.

really hoping that the sale of speer as a company doesnt mess things up!
    I have had good luck with the Speer bullets also and I'm right there with you hoping the new owners continue the tradition of great bullets at reasonable prices. I ordered 3 boxes of .270, 150 grain Nosler Partitions last week and with tax and shipping I think I paid around $177.00 so the Noslers are indeed pricy. I have also been shooting a lot of Hornady bullets, they have generally shown good accuracy and they are pretty well available so I'm not too afraid to work up a load with them.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!