This is one that just doesn't make sense to me.

I had the rifle stripped down this morning when I saw the initial gap problem. I took the rings off, pulled the rail off, checked for any issues, then laid the rail back on the action. It sits perfectly flush and straight. The bolts went back in and held torque. I thought I had fixed it.

It didn't take 10 rounds for me to start seeing daylight in between the rail and the action at the range this afternoon and by the time I was done, this is what I was seeing again (I stuck my fingers in the way so my phone would focus):

So why is it happening? If the rail sits flush and the screws hold torque, how is it popping up? No doubt that this is what is causing the grouping issues, if the hindend of the scope is moving around, I'm just chasing myself around the target.

I'm reluctant to put JB Weld on it, just from the standpoint that if I ever had to remove the rail, there'd be no good way of getting it off cleanly and easily.

I can't say that the rail is warped or bowed, because it sat down flush and fit the receiver very nicely this morning. I'm just perplexed right now.

That MDT chassis is straight up awesome though LOL