Quote Originally Posted by Full Chisel View Post
While I don't disagree that the Bushnell is a better option, I'm not sure what you're saying with your statement "Vibratite has nothing to do with scope longevity". Are you saying that vibratite and loctite don't do anything beneficial if all the torques are set properly? Cause if you are, I know some people that would disagree. Vibratite and loctite are intended to do the same thing - keep stuff from moving when subjected to vibration - just that the Vibratite coating is removable and reusable without recoating screw threads, in case you didn't know. If you think torqueing the bases and rings are gonna keep them from ever moving again, you're nuts. High end bases and rings, maybe, the cheap stuff, no.

Geez man, one long Saturday out at the range and you'll see and hear guys dinking with their scopes and bases, talking about having to send them back, upgrading to a $1,000 piece of glass, yada, yada. It's always the same. Hardly any of them ever put any kind of locker on the screws, and sadly many of them don't own a torque wrench, but they all sure know what they're doing. Simple stuff.

And yeah, I know a little bit too ...
While I would agree with you to some degree, Talley doesn't recommend thread locker on their integral base/rings and I quit using it years ago without issue. The proper torque is the key. Everyone should own a $40 Wheeler torque driver for that reason.