Yes, this is primarily what I’ve seen as well. But it’s impossible for a helical grooved button to make straight rifling! It’s not physically possible! So I’m at a loss on this one. Apparently though, the Savage Tech was as well...so go figure. I am quite curious on the outcome here though.

BTW Frank, Charlie is aware that button rifling is not cutting the rifling in. I’ve read it many times like that, people will simply say “cut” with “” or ‘’ to denote it’s not ACTUALLY cut. I’m guilty of doing the same thing here at times. I get in one of our chats here, and assume everyone is on the level. Have to remind myself that we have new shooters coming in all the time. Always best in this type of situation, to explain the procedure as it is. The way you explained it is precisely what the button is doing. So thank you.

On a side note with that, something which is overlooked....both Button & Cold Hammer Forged Rifling are, in essence, actually creating the rifling EXACTLY the same way. The rifling is being PRESSED(Forged) into the the steel. Funny how that little tidbit is overlooked by the crowd touting the MISTAKEN “benefits” of a CHF barrel. Sorry....total tangent & not for nothing, but oh well.