Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey guys. First post first savage. I picked up a 12fv in 308 this morning and and egw 20 moa base. Got home put it together and noticed the bolt is a little sticky going in and out. Is that normal. And I feel like the back hole for the scope base is drilled a little crooked. It was pretty tight going in but got them all in and snug. Anything to worry about or just run it. Love the forum. Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut721 View Post
    Hey guys. First post first savage. I picked up a 12fv in 308 this morning and and egw 20 moa base. Got home put it together and noticed the bolt is a little sticky going in and out. Is that normal. And I feel like the back hole for the scope base is drilled a little crooked. It was pretty tight going in but got them all in and snug. Anything to worry about or just run it. Love the forum. Thanks.
    The scope hole over the barrel is notorious for having grit left over from the sandblasting process. Example here: https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...cope-Hole-Crud

Get a bottom tap and clean out/chase all the scope mounting holes....well worth it. As for the "sticky" bolt. It's a Savage, not a Tika ;-) Start cycling the hell out of it or maybe hone the raceway as also talked about in the same thread.

Basic Member
    Bought one for $250 a few years ago. Had to check out what the 6.5 CM group has been talking about. Great gun, less than moa

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut721 View Post

I have the same problem. Smooth as butter before the mount, sticking in the middle after. I'm bummed out about it. I guess a gunsmith will get it corrected after the new stock arrives!

Basic Member

Sticking bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman69 View Post
    I have the same problem. Smooth as butter before the mount, sticking in the middle after. I'm bummed out about it. I guess a gunsmith will get it corrected after the new stock arrives!
    Make sure the screws that’s came with you mount aren’t too long. The may be protruding into the action. Just a thought.