Thread: American Rifle Company Releases the Nucleus! Another Savage Pre-fit Compatible Custom!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I just watched his video on the Nucleus and he seemed pretty sure of himself that the 15# spring would work, although there was some level of uncertainty there. To jump up to a 25# sure seems like pulling out a sledgehammer to get the job done. At least he can perhaps find a workable solution and get it fixed.

The flexy stock on the other hand.....ugghhh

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    I just watched his video on the Nucleus and he seemed pretty sure of himself that the 15# spring would work, although there was some level of uncertainty there. To jump up to a 25# sure seems like pulling out a sledgehammer to get the job done. At least he can perhaps find a workable solution and get it fixed.

The flexy stock on the other hand.....ugghhh
    Yeah, I pointed out his own words in that video in one of my posts over on SH. He gambled, it didn't pay off - it happens.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I can't believe he got that far without encountering any problems. A 15 lb. spring wouldn't even work for a rimfire, and it's at it's least for even supporting a detonated primer.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    I’m surprised that the 19# spring didn’t fix the ignition issues. I had problems with CCI 250s and the 16# spring but the 19# has been 100% so far. The federal 215 primers worked 80% with the 16# and they’ve been 100% with the 19#.

The difference in bolt lift between the 16# and 19# springs wasn’t too bad, but a 25# spring on there would be an issue for me.

Basic Member
    A 19 lb spring would be on the edge for optimum ignition. Even though it will ignite, it will not expel all the energy from the primer. It results in a "cold fire", causing a change in the pressure wave, harmonics and a dip in velocity. When the ignition is at this stage "riding the fence", you may get a few shots with optimum fire, and some with a cold fire. The results are flyers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    A 19 lb spring would be on the edge for optimum ignition. Even though it will ignite, it will not expel all the energy from the primer. It results in a "cold fire", causing a change in the pressure wave, harmonics and a dip in velocity. When the ignition is at this stage "riding the fence", you may get a few shots with optimum fire, and some with a cold fire. The results are flyers.
    I haven’t seen that yet, but now I’ll try and watch for it. I have 3 separate barrels for my Nucleus action and all 3 are in chamberings with 100+ gr case capacities. So far the ES numbers have been 15 or less with all 3, but that’s only for 50-75 shots through each barrel.

Basic Member
    15 or less is good. Evidently you're on the right side of the fence.

Basic Member
    Hey Jim, What trigger did you go with on this action?

Basic Member
    Hey Jim,Any updates with your Nucleus?
    I went shooting yesterday,and put another 50 rounds out of mine. I still haven't had a single issue with it,and it still has the 16# spring in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Hey Jim, What trigger did you go with on this action?
    Trigger Tech Special

Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    Hey Jim,Any updates with your Nucleus?
    I went shooting yesterday,and put another 50 rounds out of mine. I still haven't had a single issue with it,and it still has the 16# spring in it.
    I haven't had it out to shoot it since I got the heavier FP spring in due to a new job that's keeping me plenty busy.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I haven't had it out to shoot it since I got the heavier FP spring in due to a new job that's keeping me plenty busy.
    Do tell....
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Not much to tell - this site's dying off so I picked up a job working in a factory. Gotta pay the bills somehow.