Thread: 110 storm scope question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The only thing I don't understand is why Leupold doesn't offer a quick/fast focus eye piece on this level of scopes. That is a big issue for me now that I am older. I have to switch from contacts to glasses and back. Contacts are my best shooting option. Heck, even different colored shooting/safety glasses change the focus for me. The Leupold has it locked down with a ring and is stiff to move even after you back off the lock ring.
    Ummm.....they do. The difference is the Leupold's have the whole ocular bell as the fast focus rather than just a small ring at the very back. I actually prefer this because 1) it's easier to grab hold of to turn, and 2) technically I don't have to pull off my flip-up cap to adjust it - though I would have to re-orientate it after getting it adjusted. As for the stiffness, usually it's only stiff when turned all the way in. Once you adjust it out a half turn or so there's a lot less resistance.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Ummm.....they do. The difference is the Leupold's have the whole ocular bell as the fast focus rather than just a small ring at the very back. I actually prefer this because 1) it's easier to grab hold of to turn, and 2) technically I don't have to pull off my flip-up cap to adjust it - though I would have to re-orientate it after getting it adjusted. As for the stiffness, usually it's only stiff when turned all the way in. Once you adjust it out a half turn or so there's a lot less resistance.
    10-4, noted.