Thread: Savage actions-small, medium and large

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blckwlf View Post
    Yeah, I think we are on both saying the same thing, we are just interpreting the same thing in a different way.
    I get where you're coming from and can see your logic, but they're still long actions and wouldn't qualify as a "missing generation" of short actions.

In another two weeks this site will have been up and running for 17 years, and it's taking us most of that time to FINALLY get most everyone on the same page and using the same vocabulary. We still get the occasional new guy passing through who refers to 1st Gen short-actions as J-Series that we have to educate, but for the most part the vast majority have it figured out. So as you can imagine - someone suddenly wanting to inject a "missing generation" into the list of short-actions would just throw a big'ol wrench in the works and create a lot of unnecessary confusion - especially with those who haven't been fully educated on Savage action lengths yet.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    I get where you're coming from and can see your logic, but they're still long actions and wouldn't qualify as a "missing generation" of short actions.

In another two weeks this site will have been up and running for 17 years, and it's taking us most of that time to FINALLY get most everyone on the same page and using the same vocabulary. We still get the occasional new guy passing through who refers to 1st Gen short-actions as J-Series that we have to educate, but for the most part the vast majority have it figured out. So as you can imagine - someone suddenly wanting to inject a "missing generation" into the list of short-actions would just throw a big'ol wrench in the works and create a lot of unnecessary confusion - especially with those who haven't been fully educated on Savage action lengths yet.
    I completely understand that as well. I've edited my post... I swear I've heard/read "missing generation" somewhere... can't figure out where I got that from now...