Thread: Chassis comparison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I don't know what kind of ranges you want to shoot at. I found the biggest hurdle to longer ranges is the 1-9 twist and the transition to subsonic with 69gn bullets. Mine is really good out to 400yd but not so good at 600yd. Have not shot much at 500yd yet. I kinda wish it had come with a 1-7 twist rate to be able to use heavier bullets and push the range a bit more.

Before you spend a lot of money on the stock you might try the original stock. Maybe add some weight and stiffening to it. Mine shot less than MOA all day with the original stock. Explore the rifle's potential before you spend a lot on a stock. I'd hate to see you spend a lot of money on a rifle combination that cannot do what you want.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
    So I have a 1:9 twist on it now. Spent most of my time shooting at 100 yards to test ladder loads for the rifle. My best grouping there was .47" with a flier that put it out to .59". Would running a 1:8 or a 1:7 improve accuracy or get those bullets out a little farther? You bring up some interesting points. I recently bought a cheek riser for the rifle and now shoot off of a backpack. I find it keeps the rifle more stable, also with a bag under the stock. Thanks for sharing this info before I go head first into the kiddy pool!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsavage View Post
    So I have a 1:9 twist on it now. Spent most of my time shooting at 100 yards to test ladder loads for the rifle. My best grouping there was .47" with a flier that put it out to .59". Would running a 1:8 or a 1:7 improve accuracy or get those bullets out a little farther? You bring up some interesting points. I recently bought a cheek riser for the rifle and now shoot off of a backpack. I find it keeps the rifle more stable, also with a bag under the stock. Thanks for sharing this info before I go head first into the kiddy pool!
    A 1:8 or 1:7 twist will allow the barrel to stabilize heavier bullets. Also, you could get a higher quality barrel as well.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    A 1:8 or 1:7 twist will allow the barrel to stabilize heavier bullets. Also, you could get a higher quality barrel as well.
    Would you be able to provide a website that would have these barrels, other than just one barrel like gun shack has.