Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooldylocks View Post
    So new guy here, first post and first precision bolt gun.

I want to change to a different stock/chassis that will take AICS mags. What do you guys recommend? I've looked at the Boyd's Pre Varmint with adjustable cheek inlet for a CDI, MDT ESS, MDT LSS XL Gen 2, KRG 180-Alpha, MPA BA Lite... other options I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!
    Hey Gooldylocks! I have been running MDT chassis since I first built my precision rifle in 2015 and can't say enough great things about them! I have has a chance to have the LSS, ESS and now the LSS-XL Gen2 on my match rifle and all have been spectacular in their own way. Depending on what you're doing with the rifle (hunting, target, etc.) all their chassis can be modified to suit your end goal. If you're hunting, then go with the HS3 or LSS. Prone target shooting and ringing steel far away, then the Tac21 is a great option. If you're wanting to be portable and have great stability then the ESS and LSS-XL Gen2 are perfect. They really offer a chassis to suit every need!

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Hey Gooldylocks! I have been running MDT chassis since I first built my precision rifle in 2015 and can't say enough great things about them! I have has a chance to have the LSS, ESS and now the LSS-XL Gen2 on my match rifle and all have been spectacular in their own way. Depending on what you're doing with the rifle (hunting, target, etc.) all their chassis can be modified to suit your end goal. If you're hunting, then go with the HS3 or LSS. Prone target shooting and ringing steel far away, then the Tac21 is a great option. If you're wanting to be portable and have great stability then the ESS and LSS-XL Gen2 are perfect. They really offer a chassis to suit every need!
    I really like the ESS and LSS XL Gen2. But they are a bit more than I am looking to spend at this time. The LSS would be a good option, I just wish the handguard were a biiiiit longer.

Would the Accurate Mag bottom metal be a drop in for a bell and carlson stock? I was thinking the adjustable medalist 6 looks like a nice option.

My idea for this rifle is to be a match/hunting combo gun. I would like to be able to shoot the local club prone long range match, some PRS, and an accurate deer rifle. I hunt out in the desert in central Oregon, so lots of open space.

The other option would be... sell this rifle and get something like the Howa bravo that might be better suited to match shooting out of the box. But I would certainly end up deeper in the hole doing that.