Thread: Getting started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the chargemaster, but there up there. Any idea how good the hornady electronic dispenser is? It’s about 1/2 price of the rcbs. Not really looking to go any faster, just thinking easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgreene1968 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the chargemaster, but there up there. Any idea how good the hornady electronic dispenser is? It’s about 1/2 price of the rcbs. Not really looking to go any faster, just thinking easier.
    Nothing wrong with Hornady, love most of their equipment that I have, but.... If you do some searching on dispenser reviews, the Chargemaster pretty much comes out on top just about every time in any head-to-head. That's a piece of equipment I preferred to just get it over with & only cry once.
    They say "Don't try this at home"... so I'm headed over to a friend's house.

Basic Member
    [QUOTE=Phranque;425998]Nothing wrong with Hornady, love most of their equipment that I have, but.... If you do some searching on dispenser reviews, the Chargemaster pretty much comes out on top just about every time in any head-to-head. That's a piece of equipment I preferred to just get it over with & only cry once.[/QUOTE

I almost bought one, but read too many posts around the forums about over charges and being slow. Get yourself a set of Lee dippers. I find one of the sizes that gets me real close to what I'm looking for and then trickle the last couple grains in by hand. It's faster and a very accurate way to measure out those long kernel stick powders that don't meter well through a drum type measure.. With all the $ you'll save you can buy other things like bullets, primers and powder.

[QUOTE=PaddyD;426038]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phranque View Post
    Nothing wrong with Hornady, love most of their equipment that I have, but.... If you do some searching on dispenser reviews, the Chargemaster pretty much comes out on top just about every time in any head-to-head. That's a piece of equipment I preferred to just get it over with & only cry once.[/QUOTE

I almost bought one, but read too many posts around the forums about over charges and being slow. Get yourself a set of Lee dippers. I find one of the sizes that gets me real close to what I'm looking for and then trickle the last couple grains in by hand. It's faster and a very accurate way to measure out those long kernel stick powders that don't meter well through a drum type measure.. With all the $ you'll save you can buy other things like bullets, primers and powder.
    I did address this earlier in this thread (post #15)... it is very slow out of the box, but it's also extremely easy to go into the programming and custom-tune the hold points for the different dispenser speeds so that it becomes a much quicker machine, and can be custom tuned for various types of powders.
    They say "Don't try this at home"... so I'm headed over to a friend's house.