I started with a Rockchucker Supreme after getting back into reloading after a 40 year hiatus. Then I added a Hornady LNL Classic kit because it was just too good a deal to pass up. There are things I like and dislike about both kits.

Both kits come with a press, of course, powder measure, scale, hand priming tool, loading manual, and a few other misc. pieces. Of the presses, the Rockchucker wins hands down. Much stouter, smoother, and heavier, the only place the Hornady wins is the LNL feature, so I got the conversion kit for my Rockchucker. The RCBS hand priming tool isn't bad, but the Hornady version simply sucks. Painful to use, allows primers to flip over in use, if I hadn't loaned my other one to a friend, I'd take a hammer to it. Did I mention it really sucks?

The RCBS kit comes with a balance beam scale, the Hornady is a digital. The digital is crap, I have one of the Frankford Arsenal digitals that I like, and trust, a lot more. The RCBS is a base model balance beam, but it works just fine.

In the battle of the powder measures, the Hornady wins. Larger hopper is a plus, but the real winner is the quick change feature for the measuring screw. You can push a button on the side and replace it with a straight spout (not included), makes it a snap to empty the hopper after a loading session. It also comes with the powder baffle, you pay extra for that with the RCBS unit. It also just seems to run smoother.

The Hornady kit also included a powder trickler, but again, it's junk. Cheap plastic, and way too light, I've never even tried to use it for fear it would tip over if I sneezed. I have a Frankford Arsenal one that I use and like, wasn't very expensive but it's solid steel and quite heavy. I highly recommend it.

And speaking of Frankford Arsenal, I also have their case prep center and vibratory brass tumbler, both of which I also highly recommend. They also have a hand priming tool I'm eyeing seriously, I'm debating between that and one of the bench priming tools.

BTW, I'm only loading .223 for now, mostly just blasting ammo for my AR, but I just got a 12 FV for Christmas, so will be looking to do some more precision loading. In that vein, I added a set of Redding dies in addition to the RCBS small base set I started with, I think I'll be sticking with Redding in the future. Nothing wrong with the RCBS dies, I just like the Redding dies better.

So if I had it to do over, I'd probably skip the kits and go with a Forster press, then mix and match for the other stuff. But you'd be well served with either of the kits I'm using, although if you're planning on loading for a large rifle, I'd lean toward the Rockchucker, it really is a beast. Hope that's helpful.

Dave