Thread: Little bit O pressure testing for those who asked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I bought Starline small primer Creedmoor brass and imr4451, I drank the Koolaid.... Care to share how much powder was in the first test shown? And yes I am aware the pressure won't be exactly the same in my rifle with the same bullets, especially with my 140 rdf's.

Quote Originally Posted by Evlshnngns View Post
    1) I bought Starline small primer Creedmoor brass and imr4451, I drank the Koolaid....
    2) Care to share how much powder was in the first test shown?
    3) And yes I am aware the pressure won't be exactly the same in my rifle with the same bullets, especially with my 140 rdf's.
    1 - Nothing wrong with it. Just remember that magical claims outside of a Vegas show, aren't real. They should serve you quite well, keeping an eye on some certain conditions where ignition could be problematic.
    2 - In the 4451 test? The short answer is not exactly. I don't have the measurements with me, and I load extruded by volume to keep after the burning curve control. That particular lot was notably different than the load data we had, but was a very accurate node in that particular rifle. Don't quote me, but I *THINK* it would have been roughly 3cc.
    3 - RDF's won't have a significantly different pressure/velocity than any other similar shape bullet. I've tested the velocity/pressure claims of Berger, FlatLine, and RDF's because I have a small mountain of them. All are fine and dandy for what they are. But there is no statistical difference between them, in my testing against a classic projectile. The FlatLines were tested against a Pro-Hunter, Same relative jump to lands, same loads, will give you the same velocities and pressures.

Texas10 -
    With standard brass and large primers(no small primers tested) I have tested swapping CCI's, Win, Wolf primers. When testing with 140gr bullets with H4350, Superformance, RL-17; you could interchange them and never know the difference. There could be some difference with other combinations, but not in anything I've tested so far.
    Last edited by darkker; 03-13-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Friggen spelling again