Thread: SAVAGE 10 PREDATOR HUNTER 223 REALTREE MAX 1 in 223 REM in my future?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As I'm sure you've noticed the 12FV at cabelas can be gotten for an excellent price. Can't go wrong.

And your originally purchase idea is probably fine, especially since the price dropped $100

I have heard good things about the Redfield line of scopes. Essentially a leupold now, although if you're thrifty and shop around a leupold can be had for the same money. Really identical optics since leupold bought redfield. A 3-9 variable will certainly get you in the game and could be used to shoot out to distances that most don't even shoot. I would recommend good quality rings and bases to go with the scope.

I prefee to shoot off bags bs bipod but each has their preferred method.

Personally im not a fan of the 204 Ruger but don't let that deter you if it fits your needs.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    As I'm sure you've noticed the 12FV at cabelas can be gotten for an excellent price. Can't go wrong.

And your originally purchase idea is probably fine, especially since the price dropped $100

I have heard good things about the Redfield line of scopes. Essentially a leupold now, although if you're thrifty and shop around a leupold can be had for the same money. Really identical optics since leupold bought redfield. A 3-9 variable will certainly get you in the game and could be used to shoot out to distances that most don't even shoot. I would recommend good quality rings and bases to go with the scope.

I prefee to shoot off bags bs bipod but each has their preferred method.

Personally im not a fan of the 204 Ruger but don't let that deter you if it fits your needs.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the info. The price dropped again, so I think it will be a lot easier to pull the trigger, so to speak. I'm not locked into the camo, just the heavy barrel and the caliber. I've found a couple of Ruger Americans for less, but Savage is so lefty-friendly. As for a budget, I would like to keep the scope budget around $250 (thanks to the last $50 price drop!). Of course that's really just a ballpark figure. If I can get a better scope for a few bucks more, I'll do it. After all, it's my retirement gift to myself! Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardsley View Post
    Thanks for the info. The price dropped again, so I think it will be a lot easier to pull the trigger, so to speak. I'm not locked into the camo, just the heavy barrel and the caliber. I've found a couple of Ruger Americans for less, but Savage is so lefty-friendly. As for a budget, I would like to keep the scope budget around $250 (thanks to the last $50 price drop!). Of course that's really just a ballpark figure. If I can get a better scope for a few bucks more, I'll do it. After all, it's my retirement gift to myself! Any suggestions?
    Leupold VX2 (US made)
    Redfield revolution (US made)
    Zeiss Terra (imported)
    Burris Fullfield II (imported)
    Vortex viper (imported)

3-9 or 4-12 range should work well. I think the Burris is a 4.5-14 though. Shop around and look for a deal. You might also see if you qualify for discounts if you served in the armed forces or LE.

Vortex viper 2.5-10 with vplex reticle on sale for $299.00 at cabelas. 30mm tube.

Burris MTAC 4.5-14 @ $299.00