Thread: Which way to go next?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I ran into a problem using Forster sizing dies for my 260 rem and Lapua brass. Therefore I recommend the Redding type S dies.. The Forster sizing die is too small a diameter for Lapua brass and crushes the necks... The Redding S dies use different sized bushings that you can get very specific sizes... I run the .292 & .293 bushings for sizing Norma & Lapua brass now. The Forster seating die I've had no issue with even when seating the very soft jacketed ELD-X bullets.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    I ran into a problem using Forster sizing dies for my 260 rem and Lapua brass. Therefore I recommend the Redding type S dies.. The Forster sizing die is too small a diameter for Lapua brass and crushes the necks... The Redding S dies use different sized bushings that you can get very specific sizes... I run the .292 & .293 bushings for sizing Norma & Lapua brass now. The Forster seating die I've had no issue with even when seating the very soft jacketed ELD-X bullets.
    I love Redding S dies. I have many and they produce very high quality results. But the Forster dies are excellent quality as well. You can send them to Forster to have the neck opened up to your spec for a very small fee. I have done that many times and the results are excellent as well.

Randy

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    I love Redding S dies. I have many and they produce very high quality results. But the Forster dies are excellent quality as well. You can send them to Forster to have the neck opened up to your spec for a very small fee. I have done that many times and the results are excellent as well.

Randy