Thread: 6.5 creedmoor Pet Load?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I recently built a 6.5 with a Howa #6 contour barrel, The first bullets I bought to load were Hornaday HPBT Match 140gr.. I couldn't find ANY load info. anywhere so I contacted Hornaday and was told they were getting good results with 43 gr. of Superperformance. I tried that load with Hornaday brass and CCI LR primers loaded to 2.8 col. and was putting cloverleafs together at 250yd.s! I couldn't get my hands on any ELDX bullets for Hunting so now I'm working on a load for Berger Elite Hunter 140gr.. I like the heavier bullet for long distance shooting.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rustypipes12 View Post
    I recently built a 6.5 with a Howa #6 contour barrel, The first bullets I bought to load were Hornaday HPBT Match 140gr.. I couldn't find ANY load info. anywhere so I contacted Hornaday and was told they were getting good results with 43 gr. of Superperformance. I tried that load with Hornaday brass and CCI LR primers loaded to 2.8 col. and was putting cloverleafs together at 250yd.s! I couldn't get my hands on any ELDX bullets for Hunting so now I'm working on a load for Berger Elite Hunter 140gr.. I like the heavier bullet for long distance shooting.
    If you are ever looking again look at the Hodgdon Reloading site. Might not have the exact same bullet but the 140 AMAX data will work with the 140 BTHP.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle