Thread: Chronograph

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Magneto speed, takes all of 2-3 minutes to set up and no stoppage of firing line.
    Your POI may or may not shift a little but the amount is minimal, reads as accurate as any chrono out there, and it doesn't matter what the weather is sunny, cloudy it doesn't make a difference it still works.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    Magneto speed, takes all of 2-3 minutes to set up and no stoppage of firing line.
    Your POI may or may not shift a little but the amount is minimal, reads as accurate as any chrono out there, and it doesn't matter what the weather is sunny, cloudy it doesn't make a difference it still works.

That right there is all the advice you need, just go buy one.

WeldNFool
    How will it hold up to the muzzle brake on a 338 Lapua Magnum? 10 feet to the left or right behind the shooter and you get plowed over by the shock wave. Darn rifle knocks the Leupold front scope cover off after shooting. I looked at the Magneto speed but this was one thing I was worried about and didn't want to spend the money to get the answer, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by WeldNFool View Post
    How will it hold up to the muzzle brake on a 338 Lapua Magnum? 10 feet to the left or right behind the shooter and you get plowed over by the shock wave. Darn rifle knocks the Leupold front scope cover off after shooting. I looked at the Magneto speed but this was one thing I was worried about and didn't want to spend the money to get the answer, lol!
    Since brakes blow side-to-side, and the Magneto hangs under & forward, you should be just fine.

Or, a bit pricier option is the LabRadar. Bought myself one for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. Nothing to shoot through, nothing hanging off the barrel that may alter POI, needs to be properly aligned, or wires hanging off the bore... just set it up & shoot. Plus it gives downrange info, not just MV, to calculate/verify B/C's. I have an old optical chrony, have used a Magneto, and this is like going from a Ford Pinto to a Ferrari. Yeah, it's expensive compared to a Magneto, and it's a cringe-worthy moment hitting that "Buy" button. But, now that I've used it, if (God forbid) I broke it I'd have no hesitation getting another one.