Thread: SIII 56mm on SA Round w/EGW Rail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Thats the best way IMHO. I just don't have a way to vice the gun down level first then aim downrange at the plum line. I have 3 different setups for leveling scope reticles and so far my Wheeler kit has served me best. The barrel clamp bubble level is a savior. Once you get everything locked in you can move the gun anywhere using it as your reference. I just ordered the Arisaka kit and another bubble level kit from XTreme Gear. I use them all depending on what works best. So far I haven't had any trouble without using a plum bob. I will however confirm my tracking (at least the vertical) at 100 yards with a plum line at the range.
    Put a bipod on the gun, and place it on the kitchen table. Open the door and line the verticle cross hair up with the corner of your garage.
    While your at it you can confirm the bore sighting with the garage door knob.
    Then go groundhog hunting and confirm. lol

sigfla
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Put a bipod on the gun, and place it on the kitchen table. Open the door and line the verticle cross hair up with the corner of your garage.
    While your at it you can confirm the bore sighting with the garage door knob.
    Then go groundhog hunting and confirm. lol
    lol, I am in my wife's lousy house. I don't think there is a straight door jam in this thing. I bore sight on something outside with bipod then confirm track and vertical with plum line at range. It's the best I can do around here till I build a new house, lol.