Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Agreed, but the MBA-3 is sized for Mil Spec buffer tubes, so the ID should fit or be loose on a Commercial tube.

Has anyone else had issues replacing the adjustable buttstock?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGnRnr View Post
    Agreed, but the MBA-3 is sized for Mil Spec buffer tubes, so the ID should fit or be loose on a Commercial tube.

Has anyone else had issues replacing the adjustable buttstock?
    I believe the 110 BA uses a civilian size buffer tube which is actually thicker than a mil spec tube. So if your stock is mil spec, that would explain why it was so hard to put on.

I have a question.

This buffer tube, does it attach to the rifle in the same manner as on the AR-15? If you wanted to put on a real AR-15 buffer tune, would it fit?

I ask because if I buy this rifle, I would like to be able to use a different buffer tube than the one provided with the gun.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post
    I believe the 110 BA uses a civilian size buffer tube which is actually thicker than a mil spec tube. So if your stock is mil spec, that would explain why it was so hard to put on.

I have a question.

This buffer tube, does it attach to the rifle in the same manner as on the AR-15? If you wanted to put on a real AR-15 buffer tune, would it fit?
    I agree that the stock tube is larger than a commercial spec tube. I swapped to a DPMS AR15 commercial spec tube so I could change the stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhowell View Post
    I agree that the stock tube is larger than a commercial spec tube. I swapped to a DPMS AR15 commercial spec tube so I could change the stock.
    I bought a Stealth about a 3 weeks ago and couldn't believe how hard the buttstock was to move. It appears the buttstock is mil-spec and the tube is commercial. I replaced it with an XLR and sold just the buttstock to a buddy and he said it works perfect on a mil-spec buffer tube. Now you have me curious and will measure the old tube diameter. Savage definitely dropped the ball on the butt stock, the bolt handle and not putting a 20 MOA scope rail. I have changed all three and will finally have some time this coming weekend to test drive her.