I have owned and played with and assembled and parted-out and reassembled maybe 200 Savages, new and used over the past few years. Some have heavier bolt lift than others. Some are smoother than others. Some Accutriggers are more adjustable than others. Old or new, there is no telling what you're gonna get. They all shoot well, but they don't all function or feel the same. A good time and true job by Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply will make any old action better than any new action. Considerably better, but I don't know that it will shoot any better when he's done with it. The only thing I can say about the new ones is the safety is much nicer, smoother and easier to operate than the older styles.

Having said that, if it were mine, and I was not happy with it, I would simply send it to Fred to have him do a T&T job and know that when he's done it will be much, much better than any Savage action you've seen that hasn't been done. I would not even try to do it myself or bother having anyone else do it. (There might be others who can improve it, but not as well as he, and you can rest assured, when he's done, its as good as it will ever be.)