Thread: What is a mil?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    I've got a few friends that shoot Allegheny. I'd love to be able to shoot it sometime.
    We should build a list of matches we would like to attend at some point and make a plan/timeline to do it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    We should build a list of matches we would like to attend at some point and make a plan/timeline to do it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
    That's an excellent idea, and if for no other reason would offer the uninitiated an opportunity to observe and form opinions
    from an actual visual experience. I can bring my spotting equiptment and a few range finders of various types for people to see and try.
    Also a few shooting platforms that people could sit a gun on and envision how it might affect their ability to kill something as opposed
    to maybe missing or even worse cripeling an animal. That location would be very hard to improve on as an ideal spot.

Well after reviewing the website a few things sort of flipped the off switch for me at least.
    First bi annual matches, and the fact that this years match is already over.
    Second, these guys are actually attempting to mimic the role of snipers, in the way they go about things.
    Which explains why the importance of ranging with a reticle is stressed.
    If I were to show up there with my setup id no doubt face serious ridicule because its just the nature of the
    beast to do that in that type environment.
    It would be akin to showing up a Warlock biker gang party driving an off brand 3 wheeler and wearing a helmet.
    So for now ill stick with the front yard and the other numerous spots I have offering the same possibilities.
    The invitation still applies.
    Last edited by yobuck; 06-25-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.