Thread: Savage 10ba 6.5CM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkern View Post
    I'm so glad to hear that Savage is bringing out the Stealth...particularly in the 6.5 CM. I have been on the fence about purchasing the RPR and I am glad now, that I have not been able to find one. And the "clam shell" receiver on the RPR, has been a negative to me from the beginning.
    The info I've been able to find, indicates the Sav 10 (6.5 & .308) will be in the $1200 range, I'm assuming that's MSRP.....
    If the Stealth will shoot anything close to my FCP-SR .308 then, I'll be one happy shooter !!
    I think you'll be very happy with your decision to go for the 10 BA over the RPR. And you can call me a Tacti-Fool :) but I like the old style BA over this new stealth design. It looks like the new stealth is going to be quite a bit lighter than the old BA, and from the bench, weight is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowTrigger View Post
    I think you'll be very happy with your decision to go for the 10 BA over the RPR. And you can call me a Tacti-Fool :) but I like the old style BA over this new stealth design. It looks like the new stealth is going to be quite a bit lighter than the old BA, and from the bench, weight is your friend.
    You make a good case with respect to "weight " being your friend and if I was considering either the 300 WM or 338 Lapua, I would definitely be looking at the "old style" BA. However, I want to give the 6.5 CM whirl in this new "chassis " configure....could be just the ticket for me.
    [B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]