Yobuck, this rifle has been shot at various closer distances quite a bit. But it took longer distance to really tell me this problem was bigger than I thought. Used this rifle for this summers crop damage deer hunting and got 3 kills over 600 yards with the furthest at 1000. Some shots were noticeably high on the first rounds but I thought my range was off. It wasn't until trying this longer shot that I realized I had issues with consistency. All prior target shooting I did started off at closer distance and moved out during the session. Not a big deal when the first round hits off at 300 yards because the target was generally big enough to still get hit. After that the rounds remained consistent. Believe me Its not shooter error on this. Im the guy people have shoot there rifles to check consistency.

Winnie, I wasn't suggesting the edge. I wil be sticking with the Lapua. I was asking about barrels chambered in either the lapua or edge as a comparison for custom barrels vs factory barrels accuracy. Only reason I said edge is because I figured more people will have custom barrels in that caliber than lapua. Just fishing for more opinions on a brand than anything

Thank you both for the advice