Thread: Newbie Question on New Axis II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reeseman
    I don't claim to be an expert but I have looked thru the Kaspa on my nephews Axis and am not impressed . Usually the package deal scopes are low end optics . I have 2 Axis rifles that I hunt with , a .223 and a 30-06 . I used a scope rail with good rings and mounted the original Bushnell Legends on both that were good scopes in their day with Japanese glass. I want to know I have something dependable when hunting . My .223 came with a Bushnell Sharp Shooter that was a total piece of junk that I gave away . The 30-06 came bare and got them both on sale . Both have taken lots of game and are very dependable for low budget rifles . I like them because of their light weight and I don't worry about beating them up in thick cover or weather . For what it costs to go hunting I want decent equipment that I can depend on .

Paul7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeseman View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert but I have looked thru the Kaspa on my nephews Axis and am not impressed . Usually the package deal scopes are low end optics . I have 2 Axis rifles that I hunt with , a .223 and a 30-06 . I used a scope rail with good rings and mounted the original Bushnell Legends on both that were good scopes in their day with Japanese glass. I want to know I have something dependable when hunting . My .223 came with a Bushnell Sharp Shooter that was a total piece of junk that I gave away . The 30-06 came bare and got them both on sale . Both have taken lots of game and are very dependable for low budget rifles . I like them because of their light weight and I don't worry about beating them up in thick cover or weather . For what it costs to go hunting I want decent equipment that I can depend on .
    OK, that makes sense. Any suggestions on a decent scope for a fair price? I hear the Redfield Revolution/Revenge are OK.